Courses are available throughout South Florida
(Active LE Departments & Personnel Only)
Law Enforcement Performance Packages are specifically customized, designed, and catered to address the needs of the inquiring Dept., Agency, or Officers.
Vigilance Special Operations staff will conduct an in-depth consultation regarding departmental and/or unit needs. Vigilance will then strategically develop a course of action to meet the needs specified. Once finalized we will execute a customized training package specifically geared towards the needs of the Department as per the consultation.
RANGE SAFETY BRIEF
VIGILANCE INSTRUCTORS ARE IN CHARGE OF THE RANGE. SAFETY IS THE PRIMARY CONCERN AND IT IS TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE WILL BE NO DEBATING, ARGUING, ETC WITH INSTRUCTORS, IF THIS BECOMES AN ISSUE YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY DISMISSED FROM TRAINING.
1. Treat all firearms as loaded at all times
2. Never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to destroy.
3. Finger off the trigger: Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
4. Be Sure of your target, and its surroundings.
5. Keep your weapon on safe until ready to fire.
Other Range Safety Rules:
1. All range commands will be given from a Vigilance instructor.
2. It is everyone’s responsibility to keep him/herself and everyone else safe. Safety must be a
personal commitment by everyone at all times.
3. Cease Fire: This is critical command and it must be taken with the utmost seriousness.
a. Upon hearing “Cease Fire”, immediately STOP whatever you are doing, remain in
position, loudly repeat the “Cease Fire” command at least twice, and await further
b. Remember, anyone seeing a dangerous situation about to occur or occurring, and
cannot correct, yells “Cease Fire”
4. The Prime Directive: Keep your handgun secured in the holster and the long gun slung muzzle
down or grounded with the action open facing up at all times unless specifically directed
otherwise. When going downrange, all rifles will be unloaded and grounded with the muzzles
pointed downrange and the actions open.
5. Alcohol, Drugs, and Firearms Do Not Mix!
6. No bending over on the range until instructed to do so.
7. Leaving the firing line: Advise a Vigilance instructor if you need to leave the line/range.
8. Reporting injuries: Report any injuries, no matter how minor, to a Vigilance instructor.
9. Action open on unloaded firearms before handling or receiving: Unless directed otherwise by a Vigilance instructor, the unloaded firearm’s action must be open before handing it to anyone or receiving it from anyone. If the firearm is magazine fed, the magazine must also be removed.
10. Weapons pointed down range at all times (loading, unloading, dry firing, malfunctions)
11. In the event you have a malfunction and cannot clear it, raise your support hand and ask and
Instructor for assistance.
12. No one is allowed forward of the firing line while the range is hot.
13. Medical kit is behind the firing line.
14. Shooters are responsible to follow all safety procedures. Failure to follow these procedures
will result in the immediate dismissal from the range.
• Range is hot / cold
• Cease fire
• Safe and let them hang / Holster up
• Down range
• Clear and safe
• Buddy check
I Understand that the above stated rules.
VIGILANCE LLC RANGE RELEASE OF LIABILITY READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of Vigilance LLC, its managers, owners, agents, contractors and associated companies and/or employees (hereinafter collectively referred to as Vigilance), and in consideration of my participation in events/training at
(hereinafter referred to as the Range), I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
I fully understand and acknowledge that (a) risks and dangers exist in my use and observation of firearms and ammunition; (b) my participation in such activities and/or use of such equipment may result in my injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, hearing loss, eye injury, blindness, heat stroke, heart attack, lead contamination, and other ailments that could cause serious disability or death; and (c) that I assume all risk, on behalf of myself, my next of kin, and my beneficiaries, even those arising out of either unintentional or willful negligence of any other party, including Vigilance.
I, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives and my heirs, hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Vigilance from any and all claims, actions, losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of service or otherwise which may arise out of any use of firearms, ammunition or related equipment, or my participation in or observation of shooting or other activities on the Range.
I agree to follow all safety rules posted or given verbally by any of Vigilance Staff. Specifically, I also agree to wear and provide my own eye and ear protection, at all times, while on the Range (unless Vigilance agrees to loan eye/ear protection for temporary use).
I also agree not to be under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance while attending events at the Range.
I agree that Vigilance, any press or private parties present, have all rights to use my photograph or image, taken while on Range property. This use includes publishing in magazines, advertising, videos, internet websites or other, as long as it is not altered to show other than actual activities in a way that could be harmful to my character. I forfeit any rights to civil action or claims in any use of my image described above. All photographs taken on the Range property remain the property of Vigilance and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of Vigilance management.
I further understand that Vigilance is not responsible for my possessions, if they should be lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, including any vehicle damage that may occur in driving to or parking on or near Range property.
NOTICE OF FIREARMS RESTRICTIONS- Please read and understand before signing.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, it is a Felony for you to handle or possess firearms! Do not enter this property.
YesNo(1) Have you ever been convicted in any court of violent crime, misdemeanor or felony?
YesNo(2) Are you under indictment or currently involved in any felony?
YesNo(3) Are you addicted to any narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
YesNo(4) Are you a fugitive from justice?
YesNo(5) Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or incompetent?
YesNo(6) Have you ever been discharged, under dishonorable conditions, from the Armed Forces?
YesNo(7) Have you ever renounced your US citizenship?
YesNo(8) Are you illegally in the United States?
YesNo(9) Are you a member of any criminal gang or organization hostile to the US Constitution?
I HAVE READ THE FOREGOING WAIVER AND RELEASE AND I HEREBY AGREE TO ALL OF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS.
Copy of Driver's License or State ID
Driver's License or State ID Number:
(Note: A copy of these forms will be sent to the email address provided for your records.)